Consistently busy, Firewize Services has been established for almost 20 years, with a stable customer base that includes commercial buildings, healthcare, nursing homes, retail and industrial properties. We have been careful in the work we undertake, seeking consistency over big jobs that come and go.
Our clients look to us for a safe and complete resolution of their requirements including the routine servicing, repair, alteration or addition to existing fire protection systems. This is achieved while bringing a sense of certainty and professionalism that the work we perform is delivered competently with a high attention to detail.
Firewize is seeking the services of an experienced and registered fire sprinkler fitter for service work. The successful candidate will demonstrate industry knowledge, professionalism and accountability.
The person we are seeking will be responsible for their own jobs from start to finish and be able to complete a job hazard analysis and be able to prepare a safe work method statement to ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you before you start and during the work day.
If your almost finished your apprenticeship or just finished there may also be a job for you. The work we do is not just installing pipe, you will get a lot of experience and expand your knowledge of the fire protection industry.
For these reasons we are seeking the right person who fits into one of the following two categories; (1) an experienced service sprinkler fitter OR (2) a person who is about to finish their apprenticeship or has recently finished their apprenticeship looking to expand their knowledge and experience.
Skills & Experience
Automatic Fire Sprinkler Systems are required in circumstances set out in the National Construction Code ("NCC"), Volume 1 for Class 2 to Class 9 buildings. Where an automatic fire sprinkler system is installed we require our registered sprinkler fitters to know how to interpret and apply the requirements of the NCC and relevant Australian Standards.
- satisfactorily completed a Certificate III in Fire Protection
- be registered and/or licensed with the Victorian Building Authority ("VBA") for fire protection work;
- read, interpret, understand and apply the requirements for the alteration and/or addition to an existing fire system based on relevant requirements of the Code, Standards, drawings and specifications.
- knowledge and ability to interpret and apply the requirements of relevant editions of Australian Standards such as AS2118, AS2441, AS2419, AS4214, AS6183, AS1851. Other standards may also apply.
- Experience in conducting routine servicing of fire sprinkler systems and associated equipment (monthly, 6-monthly, yearly and 5-yearly) in accordance with Australian Standard AS1851:2012.
The typical duties and responsibilities of this role include the following;
- conduct a Job Hazard Analysis ("JHA") and if required prepare a Safe Work Method Statement ("SWMS") for high risk construction activities;
- use your knowledge and experience to undertake the repair, alteration, addition or installation of fire protection systems;
- conduct an inspection and prepare a report of fire systems to identify any defects or condition that could adversely affect its operation;
- conduct the routine service and maintenance of a fire protection or fire suppression system and interpret the latent conditions to ensure the system is working and will continue to work in accordance with the approved design.
Our office is based in Notting Hill however there will be some travel around the Melbourne metropolitan area or within the state of Victoria meeting with our customers and other technicians on site to undertake your duties competently and safely.
Pay & Benefits
The successful applicant will be offered an excellent base salary with employment conditions that will provide you a career opportunity that sets us apart as an employer of choice. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you think you understand the parameters for this opportunity and you have what it takes, then hit the Apply Now button on the top of this page. When you apply we will send you more information including an outline and timeframe and shortlisting process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you!
At Firewize we strive to be one of Australia's leading providers of trade, technical and engineering services for fire safety. We work with discerning building owners, managers and agents of large commercial buildings and property portfolios. Our philosophy is to hire great people, placing them in a stimulating environment, with the resources and support they need to enable their talent to shine.
Firewize is an equal opportunity employer.