At Firewize we strive to be one of Australia's leading providers of trade, technical and engineering services for fire safety. We work with discerning building owners, managers and agents of large commercial buildings and property portfolios. Our philosophy is to hire great people, placing them in a stimulating environment, with the resources and support they need to enable their talent to shine.
In this role, we are seeking a person who has completed a Certificate II in Fire Protection Inspection and Testing or Certificate III in Fire Protection Inspection and Testing with applicable units of competency such as;
- Identify types of installed fire safety equipment and systems
- Inspect and test fire hose reels
- Install portable fire extinguishers and fire blankets
- Inspect, test and maintain delivery lay flat fire hoses
- Conduct routine inspection and testing of fire extinguishers and fire blankets (routine testing)
- Inspect and test emergency and exit lighting systems
- Inspect fire doors, smoke doors and exit doors.
Our customers are TIER 1 building owners and have a high attention to detail. We are highly regarded for our advice and experience. In this capacity you will have direct contact with the building owner, helping them meet their statutory compliance needs.
You will be mobile, predominantly working in the Melbourne metropolitan area.
You must be a structured and organised person, neat and tidy with an interest in self development and continuous improvement. Your the type of person who like to leave their desk or car clean at the end of the day and love to work in a disciplined environment. You embrace technology and leverage its power to make your job more efficient. You work well with others offering to chip in and help when required.
You will have a good understanding of how to read and interpret Australian Standard AS1851:2012.
We are also looking for a person who understands and lives out our values, and is able to demonstrate through their actions the value of lifting the burden from others.
Minimum criteria for application;
- Australian Citizen
- Be able to complete a Police & Working with Children Check
- Certificate II or III in Asset Maintenance
- Fire Protection Accreditation Scheme (FPAS Accredited).
- Current unencumbered motor vehicle drivers license
The successful applicant will be offered an excellent base salary with employment conditions that will provide you a career opportunity that sets us apart as an employer of choice.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Firewize is an equal opportunity employer.